March 31, 2012

Beaten

One night in Louisville, I was walking back to my sleeping spot and I was stopped by 4 guys. Right then I knew I was in trouble. They shoved me to the ground and started to kick and punch me, I just curled up in a fetal position and let them beat on me. There was no way I would've been able to defend myself against them.

After about 2 minutes of being beat on they grabbed my backpack, my wallet and took my shoes. I just laid there unable to move. Someone came walking up the sidewalk a few minutes later and seen me. They called an ambulance and the police also arrived.

The next thing I remember was walking up in a hospital bed. I had a doctor telling me that I had been really lucky not to be in worse shape. He said I had 2 cracked ribs, and multiple bumps and bruises. Also my right eye was swollen shut.

I stayed at the hospital for 2 days, while they kept an eye on me to make sure I had no major head trauma and such. I never called my family the whole time I was there, because I didn't want to worry them, and I also knew that no one in my family would be able to go to Louisville from Michigan to see me. Besides what would be the point?

I will say that that night I got beat down and had all my stuff stolen from me including my shoes was one of the scariest nights of my life. What kind of asshole steals another man's shoes off of his feet?

The police took a report from me, and as far as I know nothing was ever done. Which really I didn't expect much to be done, I didn't really get a good look at any of them, and I was just glad to be alive really.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate you writing about your experiences of being homeless. It gives other people (like me) a little insight.

    ReplyDelete