March 19, 2012

Stealing

To continue a little bit on the eating situation as a homeless person, I can remember alot of times going into grocery stores, grabbing a shopping cart, and as I walked around I would grab things to fill the cart, but my main purpose was grabbing small items I could open and eat as I walked around the store. Most of the time I would do this when I didn't find food in the rear of the store and I was out of food stamps.

I am not proud that I had to do that, it wasn't the highlight of my life having to steal candy bars or small bags of chips or lunch meat and eat as I walked around the store. But when you are fucking hungry, you tend to do the things you would never think that you would do.

I only was caught one time by a security guard doing this, and the only thing she said to me was "Just leave the store and know that you are banned for life from here." I have never been back to that store and that was 4 years ago.

Eating is very difficult to do on the streets and sadly you do what you have to, even if that means risking going to jail for stealing a candy bar because you are so hungry that you just don't give a shit about the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment