March 21, 2012

Get A Job!

The homeless have all heard it at one point or another. "Get a job!". Great are you offering me a job? Probably not.

As a homeless person you hear that more times than you really want to think about. Most of the time you hear that from an individual that happens to see a person on the street, and thinks its really fucking hilarious to yell that at the homeless man/woman.

There are a lot of homeless people that would love to have a job, start their lives over, and get the hell off of the streets, but no one is willing to allow a person that is not cleaned up or doesn't have a perfect work record to work for them.

I often wonder if the person that yells that at a homeless person, if they had a business they owned, and the homeless person ended up going to that person's business asking for work, what would happen? I am guessing that the person that owns the business is going to take one look at the homeless person and say sorry we aren't hiring.

I had a person once tell me that they weren't hiring, when they had a sign in the window that said the business was looking for dishwashers and wait staff. Granted I wasn't perfectly groomed but I went in with the best clothes I had and a good attitude, just to have the piece of shit that was manager there tell me they weren't looking for my type. What exactly did that mean? Did I have a disease they were afraid they might get? Was I a green alien from outerspace? I asked him what he meant and he told me if I didn't leave the property he would call the police and have me arrested for trespassing. So I left without ever getting an answer.

But anyway, I hope the next time someone yells at a homeless person to get a job, I hope they take a good look at themself and think, hmmm maybe I should be more kind to that person, because one day I could be sitting next to him or her in the soup kitchen eating like the rest their kind.

7 comments:

  1. Man, you are so full of shit. Who do you think is going to believe this bullshit. You're a fucking liar, quit whining you homeless loser and become a man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinion.

      Delete
    2. Joe dont pay any attention to comments from idiots. I really like reading your posts - its good stuff. Dont quit.

      Delete
  2. Joe, I think you have a talent fro writing. Have you considered writing a book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep up the good work Joe. Ignore all the jealous haters'

    ReplyDelete